- Knitting Worsted weight yarn
- 1 oz red, small amount of white, green and black.
- Small amount of polyester fiberfill
- Crochet hook size G
- Tapestry needle
- Gauge: 7 dc = 2 inches( 8 inches across)
- Potholder: Starting in center, with red, ch 4. Join with sl st to form ring.
- Rnd 1: Ch 3, work 15 dc in ring. Join with sl st to top of ch 3.
- Rnd 2: Ch 3, *(work 2 dc in next dc) 3 times, dc in next dc. Repeat from * around. Join as before.
- Rnd 3: Ch 3, * 2 dc in next dc, dc in next dc. Repeat from * around, join.
- Rnd 4: Repeat last rnd (62 sts, counting ch 3 as first). Break off.
- Embroidery: With black, and tapestry needle, embroider lazy daisy sts, for seeds. Fold circle in half, insert small amount
of fiberfill for stuffing between both halves.
- Row 1(right side): Make lp on hook with red, and work through both thicknesses on this row. Start and end this row at
fold. * Insert hook in next sc and in sc behind it at same time; yarn over and draw lp through, yo and draw through both lps
on hook. Repeat from * across(31 sc). Break off. Turn.
- Row 2(wrong side): With white, dc across sc's of last row, inc 6 dc evenly across. Break off. Turn.
- Row 3(right side): With green, dc across sts of last row, increase 7 dc evenly across, at end of row ch 11 for loop, sc in 2nd
ch and in each ch across.
- Break off, sew last sc to first sc to form loop.