- 100% crochet cotton - worsted weight-1 ball each red(R), white(W), and blue(B)
- Knitting needles #5
- Steel crochet hook size F
- Yarn needle
- Gauge: 7 sts = 1 inch; 14 rows = 1 inch (7 ½ inches across)
- Pinwheel(make 2). First stripe: With R, cast on 24 sts, K 1 row.
- Short rows: K 21, turn; k to end of row(outside edge). Work 3 sts less from inside edge of next row, then every other row,
until 3 sts remain at outside edge. Turn, k to outside edge. Break off thread.
- Second stripe: Join B, k across all sts. Turn, k to outside edge.
- Short rows: Work as for first stripe.
- Following Stripes: Alternating colors W, R, and B, work as for second stripe until there are 6 stripes of each color, ending
with W stripe. Bind off. Sew bound-off and cast-on edges tog. Gather rows tog at center.
- Finishing: With wrong sides facing, pin pieces together matching dark stripes.
- Loop: With crochet hook, join B in center of a B stripe at outside edge, ch 2, sc in 2nd ch from hook, * ch 1, turn, sc in sc,
repeat from * until loop measures 3 inches, sc in edge close to joining st. Do not end off.
- Picot edging: *Ch 3, sl st in 3rd ch from hook (p made), sk 1/4 inch of edge through both pieces, Repeat from * around, end
last repeat al at in joining st at loop. End off.