Pineapple Heart Sachet
- Pearl cotton, size 5, 2(53 yard) balls of white
- Steel crochet hook, size 5
- 1 yard pink ribbon
- Small piece of white fabric
- Filling for sachet(or fiberfill)
- Sewing needle and thread
- Tapestry needle
- Heart: Make two pieces.
- To start, ch 10. Join with sl st to form ring.
- Row 1: Ch 4, work 15 trc in ring. Ch 1, turn.
- Row 2: Sc in each trc across, sc in top of ch-4. Ch 4, turn.
- Row 3: Dc in second sc, (ch 1, dc in next sc) 14 times. Ch 1, turn.
- Row 4: Sc in first ch-1 sp, (ch 3, sc in next sp) 13 times, ch 1, dc in last sp. Ch 3, turn.
- Row 5: Sc in first ch-3 lp, (ch 3, sc in next lp) 11 times, ch 1, dc in last lp. Ch 3, turn. Continue working as for last row, but
have 1 loop less on each row until 1 loop remains. Break off.
- Trace shape of crocheted piece of paper; use for pattern lining.
- Lining: Using pattern for shape, add 1/4" seam allowance all around and cut 2 pieces from white fabric. Sew seam all
around, leaving opening for filling. Turn to right side, fill, then sew opening closed.
- Finishing: Hold lining between both crocheted pieces and pin crocheted pieces together on outside edges. Work border all
around outside edges.
- Top Border:
- Rnd 1:(beading round): Work through both thicknesses. Join thread with sl st in center of starting ch. Ch 4, work on e trc
in same st, *work evenly in trc pattern around shaped edge, then continue all around to corner. In corner space work 2 trc,
ch 2 and 2 trc. Continue to work trc's to beginning of row. Join with sl st to top of ch-4.
- Rnd 2: Note: Work in front loops of trc's. Ch 3, in same st as sl st work 3 dc. Ch 3 and 3 dc, *sk 4 trc, work shell of 3 *
around, working shell in corner sp. At end of rnd, join.
- Rnd 3: Sl st to sp on first shell, ch 3, work 4 dc, ch 3 and 4 dc in same sp, * work shell of 4 dc, ch 3, and 4 dc in sp of next
shell. Repeat from * around. Join and break off.
- Under Border: Starting with rnd 2; repeat rnds 2 and 3 of Top Border., working shells behind shells of Top Border. Break
- Ribbon: Starting at center top, weave ribbon in and out of trc's on rnd 1 of border (weave ribbon under 2 trc, then over 2
trc), end at beginning, tie ends in bow.