- Knitting worsted weight yarn
- 1 oz each of 5 different colors(or use your left-over yarn)
- Crochet hook size G
- Tapestry needle
- Gauge: 7 sc = 2 inches (8 ½ by 8 ½ inches including border)
- Note: Wind yarn into small balls before starting.
- To change color: Work until there are 2 lps on hook of last sc of old color; drop old color to wrong side, draw lp of new
color through 2 lps on hook. Always twist yarns on wrong side, when changing colors. Never carry any unused color across
wrong side of work.
- Potholder: Make 2, varying placement of colors if desired. Starting with first color, ch 31.
- Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each of next 9 ch, changing to second color on last sc. Sc in each of next 10 ch with
second color, changing to third color on last sc. Sc in each of last 10 ch. Ch 1, turn.
- Row 2: Sc in each sc across, using same colors as for last row. Ch 1, turn.
- Repeat row 2 for 9 more rows. Break off all colors.
- Row 12: Using contrasting colors, work 10 sc each in three different colors.
- Rows 13 - 22: Work evenly in sc, in colors as established. At end of last row, break off all colors.
- Rows 23 - 33: Repeat rows 12 - 22.
- Finishing: Weave in all ends. Block lightly.
- Border: With any color, sc in edge of work, sk ½" of edge work, sc in edge of work. Repeat from * all around.
- For loop: Ch 12. Join with sl st in first sc and break off.