- Knitting Worsted Weight Yarn
- 1 oz each Peacock, Lilac and purple
- 2 oz each Eggshell and turquoise (or use your left-over yarn)
- Crochet Hook size G
- Tapestry Needle
- Gauge: (7 sc = 2 inches) 9 inches diameter
- Note: Wind yarn into small balls before starting.
- Potholder: Make 1, using all five colors, and 1 using turquoise, if desired.
- With eggshell, ch 15.
- Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across - 14 sc. Ch 1, turn.
- Row 2: Sc in each of 9 sc, sl st in next sc; do not work remaining sts. Ch 1, turn.
- Row 3: Sc in sl st, sc in each sc across. Ch 1, turn.
- Roqw 4: Sc in each of next 5 sc, sl st in next sc; do not work remaining sts, ch 1, turn.
- Row 5: Sc in sl st, sc in each sc across. Break off eggshell, join turquoise and ch 1, turn.
- Row 6: Sc in each of next 6 sc of last row; sc in each of next 4 free sc, then sc in each of next 4 sc(14 sc in all). Ch 1, turn.
- Row 7: Sc in each sc across (14 sc). Ch 1, turn.
- Starting with row 2, repeat rows 2 - 7 for Pattern, working 6 rows each in the following colors: *Turquoise, peacock,
eggshell, lilac, purple and eggshell. Repeat from * until there are 17 sections or piece forms a circle, end with Row 5.
- Finishing: Sew first and last rows together. Weave in all ends. Close center opening and sew. Block lightly.
- Border: With eggshell, sc in edge of work, * ch 4, sc in 4th ch from hook for picot, sk ½ inch of work, sc in edge of work.
Repeat from * around.
- For loop: Ch 12, join with sl st in first sc and break off.