- 3 ply fingering yarn - ½ oz. White(W), 6 yds blue(B)
- Knitting needles size 3
- Steel crochet hook size 2
- Fiberfill for stuffing
- Tapestry needle
- Gauge: 8 sts = 1"; 9 rows = 1"
- Football: Note: Football is worked in garter st(k each row).
- First section: With W, cast on 3 sts. Working in garter st, inc 1 st of each side every row 4 times(11 sts). Inc 1 st each side
every 5th row 5 times(21 sts). Work even until 40 rows (20 rides) from start. Dec 1 st each side every 5th row 5 times, then
dec 1 st each side every other row 4 times(3 sts). Bind off. Make 3 more sections same way.
- Finishing: Sew sections tog, leaving a 2" opening in center of one seam. Turn seams to inside; stuff with fiberfill. Weave
- With B and crochet hook, make chain 11" long. Fasten off leaving end for threading; thread needle and, beg at 12th ridge
from end, lace chain over seam about ½" each side of seam. Make 6 lacings 3 ridges apart. With B and tapestry needle,
embroider in chain st ( college or monogram above lacing, college year or birth date below lacing. With B, embroider a
chain st strip around each end along 6th ridge.